Catching Up / Feeling overwhelmed

Well the last few months we've spent travelling to and fro South Gloucestershire babysitting for our granddaughter while daughter attended various hen parties and weddings. Two in Majorca, and 1 in Germany meant she was away for a few days and up to a week. Most of the time granddaughter stayed here in the school holidays as she loves Devon where we live. We weren't alone here for more than a week as both sons and both granddaughters have also visited several times. Infact we had been back home just over 4 hours last week when Mark arrived for a couple of nights! Our eldest son, grandson and eldest granddaughter left yesterday as they came for the weekend. 

Today we went on a trip to a National Trust property near Plymouth with the U3A, a group for retired people. It was a large stately mansion house set in huge grounds. I did enjoy looking around the house and seeing how they lived many years ago, but did find it quite exhausting as I have COPD.


Saltram House 


The Saltram Estate
I don't usually go on many of these trips but this one is really nice.

We left the dogs at home for around 6 hours after OH took them on a good run in the fields. They are really good when left which is a bonus. The youngest one, Lola, has come on heat just to add to the chaos! Molly, her mum, is off to the groomers tomorrow for a much needed clip.
I have so much to catch up on here as my office is in a mess, suitcases are down from the loft with my winter clothes ready to go in the wardrobe, visitors bedding needs stripping and washing, the laundry is overflowing and I have a pile of ironing to do. Plus the whole house needs a good clean, the fridge is looking empty and I need to start listening the 4 boxes of clothing on Ebay. It's mostly gradaughter's things she's outgrown.
They are all growing up so fast now. The eldest boy is 18, and the girls are 14 and 12.

Bye for now All the best 
Sally x 

Comments welcome 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quiet Day

Recovering.....

Dont take food from strangers!