A Day in Totnes

 We decided to go to Totnes today as I wanted to look around the Saturday market. OH has been a few times on the train as there's a large following chess players in the old cinema. We took the car today, but parking was very difficult as most car parks were full. We had to park quite a way from the market, then walk up several hills. I'm not good on hills due to my lung condition so I was quite breathless on arrival at the market.

Most of the clothes for sale there are very hippy/boho style, and there is a large hippy community in Totnes. There were several stalls selling bygone treasures where you might pick up an unusual vintage item. Lots of places selling vegan food as well as the normal burgers so you wouldn't go hungry. The market sells everything from plant stalls, which all looked healthy, to dried herbs for cooking. I did think the prices were very steep tbh especially for the clothing, e.g. second hand Levi 501 jeans @ £35 a pair. Perhaps I'm just normally content to buy on ebay which is much cheaper. Having said that, I've just bought a straw beach bag for £7.40 on EB which is about a third of the price of one I saw in the market!

We went into the old cinema which has a nice little cafe there. I had a lovely piece of carrot cake and a glass of orange juice. I would recommend the carrot cake, as it was a large piece of cake with a light texture - a perfect sponge cake.

We took a walk around the town afterwards on the way back to the car. Lots of coffee shops and charity shops. Prices in some of the charity shops border on extortion though imo. I saw a pair of well worn Converse trainers with holes inside the lining @ £12, and most dresses were £20 - £25, with lady's tops @ £15. Nothing fancy either, just basic second hand high street brands. Needless to say I didn't buy anything today at those prices! OH didn't buy anything either apart from our drinks and cake.

Altogether it was nice day out. Would I go again?  - Yes definitely - but only to window shop. Perhaps I'm a bit of a miser lolol.

Bye for now All the best x 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Update

The Dog Show

Busy times and what a Bargain