The Ups and Downs of Family Visits

 Well we had a busy 5 days here with our son, daughter and 2 grandchildren staying. The eldest is almost 16, doesn't time fly. He's very clever like his dad, our son. Should do very well in his GCEs this year. He moved to a linked school with an emphasis on engineering last year and has told me he would like to work in robotics. Of course that may well change as he matures. Daughter always wanted to be a vet, but work experience put her off that career as she felt there was not enough contact with the animals. Son was definitely going to be a sound technician but is now inventing programmes for chips, and not the kind you eat lol.

Sadly, the visit didn't end well as grandson was sat on the garden swing nursing one of our dogs. Granddaughter, for whatever reason, decided to call the dog from the upstairs window. Result - dog jumps off knocking grandson's phone onto the concrete patio and smashed it. Daughter not happy that I said it was inappropriate to call the dog late at night from the window when she had been sent to bed. Grandson crying about his phone. Ah well it was a good visit up until then and they were leaving the next day anyway.

Did some baking yesterday and made apple and apricot sponge for tea. OH cooked roast lamb which was very nice. I've put most of the house back together now and finished washing all the bedding the family used. Have a robot vacuum which is a great help. As I have lung damage I do find pushing an upright vac quite strenuous so only use it once a week or so. The robot vacuum is great for lifting dog hair from our rug. My 2 dogs moult all year which affects me as I'm allergic to it. I need to take antihistamines every day. Only these dogs have ever caused an allergy and I've always had a dog all my life. Perhaps it's a spaniel thing idk.

It's nice and sunny here but only 20C so not quite summer yet. My summer clothes are all waiting in the wardrobe but we've only had one warm day at 22C so far, and then I needed a jumper in the evening.

Bye for now All the best x




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Update

The Dog Show

Busy times and what a Bargain