Really Hot Mop

 Back in April I bought a steam mop to sanitise the floors as the dogs caught Dysentry from drinking muddy water. Didn't use it very often as I did find it quite heavy to push. OH used it twice to clean the oven and hob. It was very good and got everything clean BUT. 

Last week OH was cleaning the hob with it and the electric fused. We weren't sure if he had got too much steam in the oven and the oven had blown the fuse or it was the mop . Today I plugged in the mop to see if it worked and everything seemed OK. Then when I'd just finished the living room floor I smelt a faint burning smell. Touched the mop to put it away, empty the water tank etc and it was red hot. Not just the bottom where the pad is but the whole plastic casing and handle you use to convert to a small hand-held steamer. OH had a look and said that part was cool when he'd used it. It's dangerous as it could catch fire.  I've written to the supplier tonight to ask to return it for a refund. I will buy another one but not that make. Just hoping I've kept the box - I think it's in the loft. 

Went for a drive around to look for a new restaurant today. We looked at 3 altogether, all within 7 or 8 miles of where we live. One was a very busy pub/restaurant but the bar person didn't seem very friendly. They had a board up with coffee and cakes advertised but when I asked about cakes she said 'cakes all gone' No Hello or thank you when we ordered a drink. We looked at their evening menu which seemed good so may try it once. The other 2 were closed in the day, but looked nice from outside. It was pouring with rain most of the day, so we grabbed a couple of cakes from the bakery and headed home. Looking at prices on the menus we won't be going more than once a month  but it's nice to know somewhere to go for a meal when family visit.




 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Update

The Dog Show

Busy times and what a Bargain