Dogs and Housework!

 I've started to make some progress around the house yesterday and today. Unfortunately, both dogs are now on heat so constant floor cleaning and disinfecting is necessary, as I don't believe in spaying. I have bred 2 litters from the eldest (Molly) who is so laid back she's horizontal lol. Really great with children and not a bad bone in her body. We kept one of the pups,Lola, (which is why I bred in the first place) but I would never breed her. She's never been socialised with adults or children when she was a young pup as it was Covid time. We'd just moved house 10 days before she was born, knew nobody here, and people crossed the road if they saw us walking her as a young pup. Rumours (completely false) were going around that you could catch Covid from dogs, hence the standoff. She is great with the grandchildren but barks a lot when anyone visits. Quite nervous at times, and ran under the table shaking when she saw a hedgehog in the garden! I did have a lady message me who had a pup from us asking if we were breeding again. Said her dog is so lovely she wants another from us. Sorry but there won't be anymore.

I've almost caught up with the washing as I had all the bedding from 7 beds altogether, plus lots of bath towels, and Ive managed to start the ironing today too. OH says it takes 3 days to get back to normal after family visits and I think he's right. I'm starting to follow Flylady again to try and keep up with things here. It's a housework scheme to help people develop routines and is on a free app.

Tomorrow I'm visiting a good friend in Exeter who I haven't seen since mid June. She live alone and is on the waiting list for a knee replacement so can't walk very far. Will be good to get out and about as I think I spend too long in the house really.

I'm thinking of changing bedrooms here as our room is the smallest. We have a king size, wooden 4 poster bed with drapes atm but I'd like a lift up ottoman bed like my daughter has. Then my plan is to put 2 single beds in our small room and get rid of the fold out chair bed. Plus, as I'm allergic to dust I think I'd sleep better and it might stop me coughing so much at night. I'm also allergic to dogs so have to take antihistamines every day. If I don't it's like instant flu without the temperature, ie coughing and sneezing non stop with eyes itchy and watering. Always had dogs with no problems, but when our youngest dog got her adult coat the allergic reaction started. She does shed an enormous amount of hair all year round though. I've checked with the vet, but there's no bald patches and he's said she's in perfect heath.

I've started listing again on ebay as I'm trying to sort out the huge pile of junk daughter has brought me again to sell or throw away. It's still not great for selling since they put on the buyers protection fees. I think that put a lot of people off from shopping there. At the moment if you list now and it sells by the end of October the buyer gets free postage. Ebay pays the postage, which shows their sales must have dropped dramatically for them to put on an offer like this.

Bye for now All the best 

Sally x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quiet Day

Recovering.....

Dont take food from strangers!