They came again and again and again

 Well the dogs recovered well so I didn't need to go back to the vet tg. I did splash out on a steam mop to do all the floors. I've convinced myself that 100 degree steam will kill guiardia as it lives in cool or cold water so did most of the house and rug in the living room. I find it quite hard to push but the floors look very clean with just using plain water. It's not much good on the conservatory textured vinyl so will carry on using a normal mop and bucket there.

We'd just got the dogs back to normal when daughter and granddaughter arrived. Didn't even tell me they were coming and arrived Monday evening for the last week of the school holidays. They left Friday and we travelled to daughter's home on the Saturday. She had arranged a party for me in a local pub for my birthday 🎂  Our old neighbours from where we used to live came as well as lots of family members and their children. I counted 24 altogether which was a good turn out. We went out for a Chinese meal with sons, Daughter-in-law, daughter and our 3 grandchildren in the evening. Back home the next day but not alone for long...

Mark came on the following Friday for 2 nights as he had a few days off. Then he went home for one night to work the next day and turned up again the day after. His job depends on shipping and he's often off work if the weather is stormy. We all went to Exeter shopping and I bought a top and a bomber jacket with my birthday money. Mark bought some much needed jeans and then we all had lunch before coming home. Lunch was nice and reasonably priced as we tried a Lebanese restaurant in Exeter center. I'd go again as I liked the food. Mark went home afterwards. I've left his bed made incase he turns unexpectedly again lol.

Sometimes I feel like we're running a B&B here for our kids lol. This Sunday I'm off to daughter's home for a dental appointment on Monday. We always travel the day before as the M5 can have major hold ups due to accidents  Crazy really that I have to travel 100 miles to a NHS dentist as there are none with availability in Devon - only private dentists here which are very expensive.

Bye for now All the best x 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Update

Clearing up and a trip to the pub

The Dog Show